Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Text messages that ramble on and on and on and...

I just got the longest text message I've ever received. It's from my boy-toy friend Jay, who's a little weird (as you'll gather). This text message has not been altered in any way, it came to me in several separate texts:

"Okay, probably I shouldn't be taking away from my research and your trials and tribulations to clutter your inbox with trivia, but the new furniture ...

is installed, and I'll of course want your opinion ~ how much time can you free up this P.M.? (Always assuming, that is, that you aren't yet completely ...

fed up with my awkwardness and inanity ~ not to say incompetence and imbecility ~ really, how anyone of your singular talents puts up with me for more ...

than fifteen minutes at a stretch is more than I can fathom ~ possibly I should take one of those fabled "mental health days" I keep hearing so much abo ...

ut and see if I can't figure out how best to amend my waywardness... no rest for the wicked, though, or so 'tis said, and precious little for yours truly.)"

I responded:

"New furniture? What new furniture?"

No comments: